1 lb. bacon
1 loaf bread
toothpicks (about 24)
Put bacon on half slice of bread, diagonally.
Roll bread around bacon once and secure with toothpick.
Place on cookie sheet.
Bake at 350F for 15-20 minutes.
2 1/2 cups shredded muenster cheese (8 oz.)
2 1/2 cups shredded jarlsberg cheese (8 oz.)
1 Tbs plus 1 teas cornstarch
1 clove garlic, smashed
1 cup dry white wine
1 Tbs fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs dry sherry
1 tsp dijon mustard
1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
Cubed, crusty bread
1. Toss the cheeses and cornstarch in a medium bowl; set aside
2. Rub the garlic all over the inside of the fondue pot, then discard.
3. Add the wine and lelmon juice to the pot and bring to simmer over medium
4. Add the cheese mixture in small increments, whisking until melted, then add more
(it may look curdled at this time)
5. Reduce heat to medium and add the sherry, mustard and cayenne pepper.
Continue cooking, whisking until incorporated, 1 more minute.
6. Keep warm on low heat
7. Serve with bread
8 oz bittersweet chocolate, chopped
8 oz semisweet chocolate, chopped
1 1/3 cups heavy cream
4 Tbs unsalted butter, cubed
1 Tbs real vanilla extract
Pound Cake, cubed
1. Combine the chocolates, heavy cream, butter and vanilla in a microwave-safe
2. Microwave in 30-second increments stirring after each, until the chocolate
is just melted.
3. Whisk until smooth and glossy
4. Transfer to fondue pot and keep warm over low heat.
5. Serve with pound cake. YUM.
1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1 lb. can crushed pineapple (drained)
7 slices bread (cubed)
Cream butter and sugar. Beat in eggs. Fold in bread. Add pineapple
Place in 1 1/2 qt. greased casserole dish.
Bake at 350F for 1 hour