Easy Alfredo Sauce Without Cream Cheese
- 4 tbs butter or margarine
- 3 tbs flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 2 cups milk (or cream or a combination)
- 1/2-3/4 shredded Parmesan cheese
- Melt butter in medium to large size heavy sauce pan on medium heat, whisking continuously.
- Add flour, salt and pepper slowly, whisking until smooth
- Add milk about a 1/4 cup at a time, continuously stirring on medium-high
- Slowly add Parmesan cheese and continue whisking until the sauce thickens.
- Pour over cooked pasta of your choice.